Our Aim is to grow the New Forest economy.
Our Objectives reflect the main aspects of our activity, in order to:
• Deliver the New Forest Economic Development Strategy
• Support and connect local businesses through networking and training events
• Partner with public authorities and other stakeholders in the New Forest
NFBP has a close relationship with:
- 9000 local businesses in the New Forest
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Hampshire County Council
- Go New Forest
- Solent Local Enterprise Partnership
- Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
Each member of our Board and Advisory Group represents a business sector or area of economic activity in the New Forest, including:
• Education, Skills & Apprenticeships
• Energy & Renewables
• Environment & Rural Economy
• Financial Services
• Food & Drink
• Housing, Planning & Development
• Legal Services
• Marketing & Creative
• Tourism & Visitor Economy
Areas of Economic Activity
• Central (Beaulieu, Brockenhurst & Burley)
• East (Waterside)
• North (Lyndhurst)
• North West (Ringwood & Fordingbridge)
• South (Lymington & Milford on Sea)
• South West (New Milton)
Access to a comprehensive range of events, support, training and networking is the most important membership benefit. In addition to business briefings, NFBP organises the annual Brilliance in Business Awards, Golf Day and the New Forest Local Business Village at the New Forest Show.
Growing the New Forest Economy
Individual businesses find it difficult to lobby on economic and infrastructure matters that affect both them and the wider business community. NFBP does not only highlight the big issues such as skills, broadband, transport and planning but is also the advocate for solutions and positive change for local businesses and the New Forest economy. NFBP speaks on behalf of all New Forest businesses and delivers local economic development in order to grow the New Forest economy.
Engaging with Local Businesses
NFBP communicates regularly with our 9000 businesses in the New Forest via regular press releases, print and social media advertising, our weekly e-news and this website.
NFBP encourages local businesses to promote themselves through our communications, including your news, events and product launches. Every business in the New Forest is a source of interesting news and there is something of value in our weekly e-news for every local business.
NFBP’s Facebook page, Twitter account and LinkedIn page is updated regularly with relevant content as well as advertising our events and your events.
Promoting Local Businesses
New Forest businesses are invited to showcase your successes or services by presenting at our business briefings or other events. Businesses with suitable venues host our events, enabling you to promote their own business.
Not-for-profit business support
All NFBP events and activities are offered to our members on an ‘at cost’ basis, which is another benefit of becoming a member of NFBP.