- This event has passed.
Social Media Update: ‘Beginners Guide to Instagram for Business’ and ‘Mastering Instagram Stories’
5 October @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm£12.00
We have a double feature on Instagram for this month’s Social Media Update with Rebecca Wade from Purple Dog. Session 1 is a refresher on getting started with Instagram for business. Session 2 dives deeper into using Instagram Stories to connect with your audience. You can book for one session for both.
Session 1: How to Use Instagram for Business: A Beginner’s Guide (09.30-11.00am)
Over the past few years, Instagram has seen exponential growth and now has over 2 billion active users. But over the years it’s also grown into quite a large platform with lots of different features that can seem quite overwhelming for beginners.
In this session, we’re going to go back to basics and cover the best place to start if you’re new to Instagram or want to brush up on the best practice.
- The different types of Instagram accounts and how to choose the right one for your business
- A tour of the Instagram app – so you know where to find the different tools
- How to find accounts to follow
- How to engage on Instagram to grow your audience and build relationships
- An introduction to the different features on Instagram so you understand the difference between feed posts, stories, highlights, reels, and lives
- How to post to your Instagram Feed, including adding captions and hashtagsContent idea and how often to post
You can also book onto Session 2 for a more advanced session to dive into Instagram Stories.
Session 2: Unleashing Your Storytelling Potential – Mastering Instagram Stories (11.30am-1.00pm)
An Instagram Story is an in-app feature that allows users to post photos or videos that automatically disappear within 24 hours. As a busy business owner, you could initially question why you should be using them but they are an essential tool within Instagram to help you connect and engage with your target audience. If you’re still struggling to make sense of Instagram stories this masterclass is for you.
- Why you should be using Instagram Stories
- Content ideas for Instagram Stories and how this should be different to your feed posts
- Tips for improving Instagram story views
- How to harness Instagram story features to improve engagement
- How to sell in Instagram Stories
- How to harness highlights to make your Instagram Bio convert more followers
If you’re looking to improve your knowledge of what Instagram Stories are and how you should be using them, or just feel more confident with their functionality this masterclass is for you.
Kickstart your confidence with Instagram Stories with this in-person masterclass brought to you by Rebecca Wade of Purple Dog.